If you want affordable and good quality speakers then the August MS515 Bluetooth Speakers would be ideal. Don’t be deceived by the power output of 5W per speaker that these speakers won’t deliver but don’t expect super loud sounds with heavy bass.
The manufacturer of the August MS515 is August International which was established in the UK in 2005. Since then they have grown significantly by branching out internationally, one of the reasons for their success is due to their affordable and good quality products which allows them to remain very competitive on the market.
Average user rating (4.8 / 5)
- Crisp and clear speakers where the maximum volume is relatively loud.
- Wireless range of up to 10 metres.
- Long lasting battery life up to 15 hours which only takes up to 3.5 hours to fully charge.
- Connect wirelessly to any Bluetooth enabled device such as: A phone, tablet, laptop, MP3 Player or smart TV.
- Also compatible with non-Bluetooth devices by connecting through the 3.5mm audio jack.
- Two speakers so can be used as laptop or PC speakers as well as outdoors in the garden.
- You can use just one speaker if you prefer which will make it easier to carry around in your pocket.
- The speakers have controls that can skip back and forth through your track list, adjust the volume and pause/play.
- Comes with 1 year manufacturer’s warranty.
August MS515 Bluetooth Speakers Video Review
- The wireless range allows you to take the speakers quite far without having to move the device you’re pairing it with. This can be very useful if you’re pairing it with a smart TV and want to listen to music in the garden.
- Controls on the speakers can be very useful especially if the paired device is not within easy reach.
- Two speakers give a more powerful and better sound quality but you can also use just one speaker for portability convenience.
- The twin speakers allows diverse use as it can be used as traditional laptop or PC speakers or for travelling around as it’s only very portable.
- Comes with two left to right speaker connection cables. One set of cable is longer in length so the speakers can be placed further apart.
- Doesn’t have a built-in microphone so you can’t make phone calls through the speakers.
- Volume control button on the speakers is the same button as change track but you have to hold it longer to change the volume. Not a big issue but sometimes you may accidently change track rather than increase or decrease the volume.
- Dimensions (cm): 10.6L x 6.9H x 7.4W (Per speaker)
- Weight: 2 x 260g
- August MS515 Bluetooth Speakers
- Charging cable
- L/R speaker connection cable (Longer length)
- L/R speaker connection cable
- 5mm aux cable
- User manual
Overall the August MS515 Bluetooth Speakers has a very diverse use as the twin speakers make it ideal for permanent speakers for your laptop or PC but also the size allows you to travel with it.
The volume doesn’t go very loud nor does it have heavy bass so it may not be ideal for house parties where you want the music to be very loud. But if you want to have music so you can still easily have a conversation then these speakers will allow you to do that.
For the price of these speakers and how it compares to its competitors, these speakers hold a very competition spot on the market.
Average user rating (4.8 / 5)