Top 5 Best Car Battery Jump Starter Kit Reviews UKCompare Our Top 5 Best Car Battery Jump Starter Kits From Our List Below
Some people like to prepare for any eventualities when they’re in their car, if you’re one of these people, then you need the best car battery jump starter kit! It will definitely quality as one of the essentials for long distance driving, or even just to keep in your car in case your car doesn’t start one morning.
A car battery jump starter also referred to as a jump starter power bank, well because that is essentially what it is. A portable power bank unit with a set of jumper cables attached to help start up your vehicle, should your car not start due to a drained car battery. Just like a normal power bank, the jump starter power bank can also be used to charge up your electrical devices.
By always carrying in your car a portable battery jump starter, you can say goodbye to the days when you had to call someone up with a car and a set of jumper cables. You don’t need to be a car mechanic to operate a portable jump starter, it’s quite simple, just follow the instruction manual provided.
Our Top 5 Best Car Battery Jump Starter Kit Reviews
1) DBPower 12000mAh Portable Car Jump Starter
Average user rating (4.7 / 5)
- The jump starters are powerful enough to jump start 12V vehicles with a 500A peak current.
- Metal gold spray clamps offer advanced intelligent protection against dangers such as: short circuit, over-temperature, over-current, etc.
- Large 12000mAh battery capacity.
- Dual USB output which includes a smart USB output.
- 12V/16V/19V DC output can be used to charge a laptop with connectors included.
- LCD screen to display the status of the jump starter.
Possible deal breaker
- Might struggle to jump start vehicles up to the largest engine size specified by the manufacturer (3.0L petrol or 2.5L diesel).
A must have for those who prefer to be over prepared rather than under prepared. Rated our best car battery jump starter kit for under £50! Powerful enough to jump start small to medium sized vehicles, but also perfect for journeys where you can’t afford to have your electrical devices without power.
Furthermore, the smart USB output will recognise and charge your devices at the fastest speed possible. If you’re ever lost for some reason, you will also benefit from the built-in compass and LED flashlight which has SOS mode.
2) Floureon Car Jump Starter With Built-in Air Compressor
Average user rating (4.5 / 5)
- Jump start 12V vehicles up to 6.5L petrol or 5.0L diesel, this includes trucks, boats, motorcycles and cars.
- Keep your tyres pumped up with the built-in electric car tyre pump.
- 15000mAh capacity with dual USB charging outputs.
- Large LCD screen displays any notifications when it’s in use.
- 3 emergency light modes which includes strong, strobe and SOS.
- Includes 8 laptop adapter connectors.
Possible deal breaker
- Quite big when compared to other portable jump starters.
A very handy kit to have for those who often use their vehicle. This will suit those who drive larger vehicles as this portable jump starter has capabilities of being able to start up vehicles with engines up to 6.5L petrol or 5.0L diesel.
In addition, the extremely useful built-in portable air compressor will be there to aid any flat tyres, balls, inflatable rafts and inflatable airbeds. The large 15000mAh capacity will be enough to keep all your devices charged up for long journeys.
3) RAVPower Car Jump Starter 10000mAh
Average user rating (4.9 / 5)
- Slim, portable and compact like a power bank.
- Revive 12V vehicles up to 3.0L petrol with 400A peak current.
- Charge up your devices with the 10000mAh capacity.
- Gain faster recharge when charged with a 2A/2.4A wall charger it only takes 5-6 hours to fully recharge.
- Integrated flashlight with 3 modes to help you see in the dark or notify others you’re in the need of help (SOS).
- Intelligent protection to safeguards against potential hazards such as: Overcharge, over discharge, overvoltage, overcurrent, short circuit, high temperature and inverted polarity.
- LED indicator tells you how much power is remaining.
Possible deal breaker
- Capacity size is not that big, users need to be careful not to use up too much capacity, otherwise there won’t be enough charge left, should you need to jump start your car.
This portable car jump starter power bank is a steal for anyone who drives a car with a small engine size (no more than 3.0L petrol). Since the RAVPower Car Jump Starter is not much more expensive than a power bank, it’s a great device to have in your car either to power up your devices or power up your car!
4) Picowe Portable Jump Starter Pack
Average user rating (4.6 / 5)
- Powerful portable car battery booster able to power ALL petrol vehicles and diesel engines up to 8.0L, suitable for 12V vehicles.
- Peak current of up to 1000A.
- Huge generous 20000mAh capacity enough power for your electrical devices and vehicle.
- Dual USB output with DC power which can support up to 180W.
- Safety protection against potential hazards when starting a vehicle.
- Trustworthy 18 month warranty included.
Possible deal breaker
- No LCD screen for you to see information easier.
You never have to worry about not having a powerful enough jump starter again with this powerful portable jump starter. With the ability to jump start all petrol vehicles and diesel vehicles up to 8.0L, there’s very little the Picowe Jump Starter can’t do. Because of this, this is perhaps the best jump starter for diesel cars.
One of the downsides is that there is no LCD screen so you can’t see the current status of battery charger. However, if this is not an issue for you and you have a bigger budget then having this jump starter power bank in your vehicle will definitely give you peace of mind.
5) Suaoki G19 Portable Jump Starter
Average user rating (4.2 / 5)
- Automatically identifies whether it’s a 12V or 24V vehicle.
- Power up 12V vehicles up to 8.0L petrol & 6.0L and 24V vehicles up to 6.0L petrol & 4.0L diesel.
- Very high capacity 24000mAh power bank to quickly charge your devices.
- All round safety protection.
- 4 strong LED lights which have the option of 3 modes (strong/strobe/SOS).
Possible deal breaker
- Only one USB output, so can only charge one device at a time.
With a 24000mAh capacity, the Suaoki G19 has the largest capacity from our list of the best car battery jump starters. That being said, there is only one USB port so it’s probably a better portable jump starter than it is a power bank. In addition, it can power both 12V and 24V vehicles which not all portable jump starters are capable of.
How To Choose The Best Car Battery Booster Pack
If you’ve read through our list of car battery booster pack reviews but you’re still unsure, then we will point out factors to look out for below. You may not be familiar with some of the features as this product has slightly more features than a power bank, although it is essentially a jump starter power bank!
Jump start capability – Each car jump starter kit will only be able to jump start petrol and diesel vehicles up to a certain engine size. Depending on whether your vehicle is a 12V and what engine size it is, you’ll need to pick a model that’s capable of jump starting your vehicle.
Battery capacity – The battery capacity is used just like a standard power bank would be. But, you’ll need to make sure you don’t drain the capacity otherwise you won’t be able to revive your car if it broke down!
USB ports – Connect any of your electrical devices such as your smartphone, tablet, PSP, etc that can be charged via USB.
Laptop output – Some of the models will even allow you to use it as a laptop power bank. Simply connect your laptop to the car battery booster pack. Perfect for anyone who wants to use their laptop on the go.
LCD screen – If there’s an LCD screen, this will show the current status of the car battery booster pack.
LED lights – Usually there will be 3 different lighting modes which can be beneficial for different situations. This will usually be normal flashlight, strobe and SOS lighting modes.
Protection – All the portable jump starters shown above will include a level of protection against dangerous hazards, some models may include a higher level of protection.
Extras – Some models may include extras such as an electric car tyre pump, from our list only the Floureon car jump starter includes a built-in air compressor.
Now that you’ve gone through our list of the best portable jump starter kits, if you feel this is a must have to keep in the boot of your car, then a good start would be to choose one that’s powerful enough for your car. The built-in power bank is a bonus, so perhaps it’s best not to buy one with the intention of using it mainly to charge up your devices.
It’s important to not drain the capacity of the car battery jump starter in case you actually need to use it to jump start your car! Portable wireless chargers are very affordable these days, so you can get one for cheap anyway.
Also equipped with pretty much every one is a handy powerful flashlight which will comes in very handy if your car doesn’t start up in the dark.