Top 5 Best Electric Car Tyre Pump Reviews UKCompare Our Top 5 Best Electric Car Tyre Pumps
Finding your tyres being under inflated and having to drive to the nearest petrol station to inflate them is such a waste of time. Instead, buying one of the best electric car tyre pumps for your car can save you time and hassle. Also, most petrol stations charge you to use their tyre air compressor now too!
Driving around with under inflated tyres is not only dangerous, but it also uses more fuel and causes more wear and tear. A portable air compressor for your car simply plugs into the 12V cigarette lighter of your car, you set the pressure for your tyre and press start. Most models will also have valves to inflate bike tyres and balls.
Most people don’t regularly check the air pressure in their tyres as the inconvenience of driving to a petrol station or the queue for the tyre air compressor puts them off. An electric car tyre pump is one of those important devices you should keep in your car, this way you can check your tyre pressure especially for long car journeys. Alongside that, a car dash camera can also be helpful.
Without further ado, we’re going to jump right into it. You can see our guidelines on choosing the best electric car tyre pumps by clicking here or scrolling past the reviews below.
Our Top 5 Best Electric Car Tyre Pump Reviews
1) P.I. Auto Store Premium Digital Tyre Inflator
Average user rating (4.6 / 5)
- Easy to read backlit LCD display.
- Set your tyre pressure which it will automatically stop one it reaches the set pressure.
- Inflates a mid-sized car tyre to 30PSI in under 3 minutes.
- LED lights can be set to flashing red for emergency breakdown use or white to help you see in the dark.
- Comes with adaptors for sports equipment, spare dust caps and compact carry case.
- Built-in neat storage compartments to hold the hose, 12V connector and adaptors.
Possible deal breaker
- AC converter needs to be purchased separately.
It’s easy to see why this is rated our best portable air compressor for your car, not only will it inflate your tyres fairly quickly, but it can also attract attention with its flashing red LED lights if you’ve broken down.
Despite it not coming with an AC/DC converter, at least the option is there for you to purchase it separately. The compact storage case will keep it neatly tucked away in the back of your vehicle.
2) Ring RAC610 Analogue Tyre Inflator – Best Budget Tyre Air Compressor
Average user rating (4.4 / 5)
- Inflates a 13” tyre to 35PSI in under 4.5 minutes.
- Includes valve adaptors for bicycle tyres and balls.
- 9m power cord and 48cm flexible hose.
- Simply just plug it in and turn it on.
Possible deal breaker
- Inflation time per tyre can take quite long.
The very easy to use RAC610 requires nothing more than just power from your car’s cigarette lighter and a press of the on switch. For those who wants no complication in the slightest, then this electric tyre inflator is a wise choice that’s also very wallet friendly.
3) Ring RAC600 Digital Tyre Inflator
Average user rating (4.2 / 5)
- Can inflate a 13” tyre to 35PSI in under 3.5 minutes.
- Inflator will automatically stop once it reaches the set pressure.
- LED lights can be set to bright white, flashing white or flashing red.
- Valve adaptors included for bicycles and balls.
- Digital screen to easily see the settings.
- Long 3.3m power cable and 60cm flexible airline.
Possible deal breaker
- Can’t be powered with an AC/DC converter.
Another great tyre air compressor by Ring, this portable air compressor will save your tyres when they are in need of air. It can also help you if you’ve broken down at night time with its flashing SOS emergency light. With a reasonable price tag and over 4,000 Amazon reviews, it’s easy to see why the RAC600 is a popular choice.
4) Ring RAC900 Heavy Duty Tyre Inflator
Average user rating (4.8 / 5)
- Used by leading breakdown providers.
- Rapid inflation time of up to 90 seconds, based on a 13” tyre from flat to 35PSI.
- Powerful air compressor makes it ideal for larger vehicles such as vans and motorhomes.
- Constructed of a metal body and brass connector.
- Very long and flexible 7m extendable airline.
- 2 year guarantee.
Possible deal breaker
- Has to be powered directly from the car battery under the bonnet.
Power up your tyre air compressor with the professional grade RAC900. This has one of the fastest inflation times for portable air compressor, its power makes it ideal for all vehicles, especially vans, minibuses and motorhomes.
However, unlike most other portable air compressors, this one requires power directly from the vehicle battery under the bonnet, not from the 12V cigarette lighter. This can be problem for some people who are scared to touch anything under the bonnet, therefore you might be better off with a model that uses power from the cigarette lighter.
5) Oasser Electric Tyre Inflator Pump
Average user rating (5 / 5)
- Built-in rechargeable battery giving it maximum portability.
- Can be operated by mains or your 12V cigarette lighter.
- Set the correct tyre pressure and it will stop once it reaches this pressure.
- Stainless steel mini handheld design.
- LED flashlight for use in the dark.
- Comes with bicycle, ball and toy valves.
Possible deal breaker
- Quite expensive.
There’s no doubt that this versatile mini air compressor is worth buying since it can even be taken to the pool to pump up your pool floats. The built-in rechargeable battery makes this portable air compressor very practical.
However, we believe that many of the reviews on Amazon are biased as the reviewers may have received a freebie in return for a positive review. Nonetheless, it’s still among one of the top electric car tyre pumps.
How To Choose The Best Electric Car Tyre Pump
An electric car tyre inflator can be your saviour so buying the right one is important. There are several factors to look out for to ensure you pick the right one.
Power source – Most electric car tyre pumps are powered by your car’s cigarette lighter, which usually won’t be an issue if it’s only going to be used to inflate your tyres. If it’s also going to be used to inflate balls, bicycle tyres, pool floats etc, then it might be more convenient to have one which can be powered by mains or has a built-in rechargeable battery.
Inflation power – Some models can take a good few minutes to inflate a tyre, so if you don’t have the time or patience to wait then perhaps a model with a quicker inflation time would be more ideal.
Auto stop – Preset the pressure for your tyre and once the air pressure in your tyres reaches the set pressure, then it’ll automatically stop, preventing your tyres from being overinflated.
Analogue/digital display – Some people may find an analogue display more difficult to read, more so in the dark. Whereas a digital display is also usually lit so it’s easier to read in the dark or daytime.
LED lights – A handy feature to have but can easily be substituted with your own torch. The built-in LED lights are usually quite powerful to help you see better in the dark, also most of them can switch to flashing red lights to attract attention if you’ve broken down.
Additional valves – Usually additional valves to pump up a ball, bicycle tyres, air beds or pool floats will be supplied. Make sure the correct valves are included if you’re going to be using the pump for items other than your car tyres.
Carry case – Since the electric car tyre inflator is probably going to be kept somewhere in the back of your car, you might prefer to have a case so it’s kept looking tidy rather than messy.
Save Money By Picking The Best Tyre Inflator
Did you know that driving around with under inflated tyres actually uses more fuel. Not only that, it also causes more wear and tear on your steering, suspension and tyre tread, as a result costing you more money. It also puts you and other road users at a higher risk since the handling and performance of your car decreases.
For those reasons, having the best portable air compressor in your car at all times, should be an essential. In addition, you’ll save a lot of time, as driving to a petrol station just to check the air pressure in your tyres can be very time consuming, especially when there’s a queue!
Another essential device that more and more drivers are keeping in their cars is a car battery booster pack. In the event that your car doesn’t start, this booster pack is easy to use and will jump start your car, without the need for another vehicle.