Top 5 Best Wireless Doorbell Camera Reviews UKCompare Our Top 5 Best Wireless Doorbell Cameras From Our List Below
Most of us would have been told as children to always check who’s at the door before opening it. This proves to be one of the best pieces of advice as many of us would have heard or seen at least one video online of strangers knocking on someone’s door with bad intentions. By installing the best wireless doorbell camera, you’re already one step ahead.
Without a wireless video doorbell, you would have to peep, your head through the window to check to see who’s at the door. This takes more time and also means you risk being seen by the person at the door. Who says it has to be a stranger you don’t want to open the door to, it could also be a family member or friend that you want to make them think “you’re not at home”!
Furthermore, you can speak to visitors using your smartphone or tablet without physically being at the door, whether you’re too lazy to answer the door or away from home. That being said, a Wi-Fi video doorbell can give strangers the impression that you’re at home, as you can speak to them without being present, this can deter potential burglars.
Installing the best wireless doorbell camera means you can take your own measures to enhance the security of your home. Perhaps just the wireless doorbell camera alone might be enough to scare away some potential thieves. Nonetheless, you can also alert the police should anyone be brave enough to break in.
Our Top 5 Best Wireless Doorbell Camera Reviews
1) Ring Wi-Fi Enabled Video Doorbell
Average user rating (4.2 / 5)
- Built-in motion sensors to alert you of any activity.
- Connect multiple devices to the Ring Wi-Fi doorbell camera.
- Infrared night vision enables you to see who’s at the door even when it’s dark.
- Weather resistant design can operate in temperatures between -20°C to 48°C.
- Can be powered with by the built-in rechargeable battery or using your existing doorbell wiring.
- Quick and easy installation process.
- Lifetime protection if your doorbell gets stolen, it will be replaced for free.
Possible deal breaker
- Can’t save and access previous videos unless you take out the optional Ring video recording plan. However, you will still receive live alerts and can access live steaming video with two-way communication in real time.
Having more control of who you answer the door to these days is extremely important. Whether someone rings your doorbell to check if you’re in or lurks around outside your door, this Ring doorbell camera will alert you of any activity as it’s equipped with motion sensors too. If you choose to Install the doorbell completely wirelessly with the built-in rechargeable battery, you will receive notifications when the power is running low.
Although you can still access most of the features by downloading the free Ring app, you will have to pay a monthly or yearly fee if you want to access and download old videos. If you were to include the optional video recording plan this would definitely be one of the best wireless doorbell cameras.
2) Vuebell Wi-Fi Video Doorbell
Average user rating (4.5 / 5)
- Receive alerts whenever someone rings the doorbell.
- Motion sensor detects any activity and will send you a notification with a picture.
- High definition video quality with powerful infrared LEDs for night vision mode.
- Wide angle 220 degrees field of view.
- Talk to visitors at the door with the two-way audio feature, whether you’re at home or not.
- Connect multiple devices so everyone in the household can be alert.
- Install by connecting to your existing doorbell wires.
- Netvue Cloud Service enables you to access old videos up to 7 days old.
Possible deal breaker
- Night vision quality quite poor.
A great alternative to paying an optional monthly subscription fee, however, the cloud service will only let you access videos up to 7 days old. The very wide camera will allow you to see more and you’ll be notified whether someone presses the doorbell or comes within a set radius. Furthermore, you can choose who far you want the radius to be set, so if you only have a small driveway, you can shorten the radius distance, so the motion sensor will only detect anyone entering your set radius.
Connecting your device to the Vuebell wi-fi video doorbell will only take a matter of minutes. Manage all functions by downloading the free Vuebell app.
3) Ring Smart Video Doorbell Pro
Average user rating (3.9 / 5)
- Full HD 1080p crystal clear video recording.
- Receive instant alerts when someone presses the doorbell or triggers the set motion zones.
- Manage and customise motion sensor zones to focus on only areas where you want to be notified of any activity.
- Noise cancellation enables you to speak and hear clearer when talking to visitors at your door.
- Improved video quality when it’s dark with the infrared night vision.
- Sleek slim design with 4 face plates to customise the look you prefer.
- Must be installed by connecting to your existing doorbell wiring.
- Includes additional ring chime to be placed anywhere else around the home which allows you to receive audible alerts.
Possible deal breaker
- Only has a 160 degree field of vision.
Despite being a great wireless video doorbell, the Ring smart video doorbell pro is an upgrade to the Ring video doorbell, but the additional cost is not really justifiable. The video camera is recorded in 1080p full HD which will enable you to see videos and images clearer.
Also included is an additional ring chime which can plug in anywhere around the house, which will notify you when someone rings the doorbell, this can be handy for when you don’t have your phone on you. Again, in order to access old videos up to 6 months old, you would need to pay a monthly subscription fee.
4) Homscam Wi-Fi Video Doorbell
Average user rating (4.1 / 5)
- Receive alerts straight to any connected devices when someone rings the doorbell or is detected by the built-in motion sensor.
- Speak to visitors at the door wherever you are with two-way audio.
- Images are automatically stored on the built-in 8 GB SD card.
- Can link multiple devices to the Wi-Fi video doorbell.
- Night vision mode to see images clearer in the dark.
- 166 degree wide angle field of vision.
- Powered by either 2 x 18650 batteries (not included) or USB power.
- No wiring to existing doorbell wiring required.
Possible deal breaker
- Setting up the doorbell and connecting it to your devices can be a bit confusing as instructions are not very clear.
Although very similar looking to the Ring video doorbell, we can’t say the performance and reliability is on par. That being said, we’re not saying the Homscam isn’t good, it’s just the former is rated our best wireless video doorbell for a reason!
One very useful feature of the Homscam is that it has a built-in 8 GB SD card which will automatically store images and videos which will erase once the capacity is maxed out. Therefore, if you need to retrieve any old images or videos, it’s best to download them to your smartphone as soon as possible.
Despite the instructions perhaps not making sense to everyone, if you’re comfortable with technology then you shouldn’t struggle. With no wiring installation or monthly subscription fee required, the Homscam wi-fi video doorbell is a great bargain!
5) Skybell Wi-Fi Video Doorbell
Average user rating (3.5 / 5)
- On demand enables you to check to see who’s at your door from your connected devices at any time.
- Instantly receive a live video feed when someone presses the doorbell or triggers the motion sensor, as not everyone will ring the doorbell.
- View videos in up to 1080p HD mode.
- Have a two-way conversation with whoever is at the door, whether you’re at home or out.
- Download the free Skybell app and control the doorbell by even putting it on silent mode, perfect for sleeping.
- Infrared LED for improved vision at night.
- Download old important videos for free.
- See the activity history with the list of events that occurred throughout the day while you were away.
Possible deal breaker
- App not that reliable.
Since Skybell works in collaboration with Nest, you would think this would give them a big advantage. Although the features on the Skybell are great, the reliability of the product itself and the app might be questionable. Many users on Amazon haven’t left great feedback, however, other third party sites such as CNET rate this 8/10.
Having control of who you answer the door to is so important and thanks to technology improving, all you need is the best wireless doorbell camera. Of course, this doesn’t solve everything but you can definitely deter potential thieves by having a close watch over them.
When buying a wireless doorbell camera, reliability is a major factor and there are a lot of cheaper Chinese models which are much more cost effective. Not saying they are not reliable, but if you prefer that extra layer of security, perhaps the Ring models are the best options, providing you take out the monthly subscription plan as well.